TEFL CHINA Training
Whether you’re a graduate who’s just left uni, a licensed teacher wanting to gain more knowledge or just looking for a complete change altogether, TEFL training is a must if you want to teach abroad.
The Pathway To China offers government authorized, gold-standard TEFL training in both Beijing and London. Our trainers are experienced, passionate and have collectively been living and teaching in China for over two decades.
China State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs (SAFEA) is known as China’s Home Office, which is responsible for awarding work permits to foreigners.
China has strengthened the market regulation ever since SAFEA launched Foreigners’ Work Permit System on 1 April 2017.
SAFEA also assesses and authorises the TEFL China training we provide for our Pathway Teachers. Our partnership with SAFEA guarantees that all our placements are legal, safe and in compliance with Chinese laws and regulations.
Why TEFL CHINA training
● Authorized by the Chinese Home Office i.e. SAFEA (State Administration of Foreign Experts and Affairs)
● Internationally recognized certificate and recognized by all provinces so you can work anywhere in China or the world.
● No prior teaching experience necessary with this certificate (Minimum of 2 years is required with a CELTA, Trinity certificate etc)
● No need to have notarized, apostilled or legalized by government bodies
● Trains you on how to teach specifically to Chinese students
● Focuses on young learners as well as adults (YLs are not included in the CELTA)
● Meet other Pathway teachers and embark on your journey together.
TEFL CHINA Training Curriculum
The training includes two sections: online and in-class training and online evaluation.
The training classes are classified into two parts:
TEFL basic: reference book “Teaching English in China”, about 40 class hours;
Chinese laws and regulations (Chinese in the classroom is optional upon requirements): about 2-4 class hours.
The TEFL examination session is 90 minutes, normally arranged at the noon or afternoon at the final day. Appendix 1 shows an example plan for the 7-day TEFL training.
The content of the course includes:
- Introduction to Second Language Acquisition
- Language Teaching Methodology
- Modern Teaching Methods in China
- Teaching Conversation Classes to Lower Levels
- Teaching Pronunciation
- Teaching Communication to Higher Levels
- Teaching Writing
- Using Stories & Drama Techniques
- Using Pictures and Video
- Teaching Vocabulary
- Teaching Reading & Listening
- Appropriate Classroom Language
- Teaching Practice of Conversation Class
- Using Music in the Classroom
- Characteristics of the Chinese Education System
- Learning Habits of Chinese Students
- Chinese Culture
- Laws and regulations Concerning Foreign Teachers in China