- A week long teacher training provided in Shanghai/ Hong Kong
- Sponsored work visa
- Brand new and modern classroom facilities in central Shanghai, surrounded by top education institutions like Fudan University, Tongji University and the Shanghai Finance and Economic University.
China is increasingly tightening foreign employment laws, meaning that many schools are employing foreign teachers illegally. But it is the “innocent” foreigner who pays the heaviest price for working illegally in China, usually completely unaware of their status. A business or working visa, backed by a general work permit, does not allow anyone to legally teach; you need a Category B Foreigner’s Work Permit (formerly Foreign Expert Certificate).
Why Oxford Path?:
Oxford Path English Centre uses the Oxford University Press (OUP) suite of English language programmes focusing on phonics, reading, writing, grammar and other relevant subjects as well as playgroups for young children. These programmes are designed by Oxford University to cater for the learning needs of children from different age groups and help them build a strong foundation in English.
Oxford Path English Centre is a privately owned premium provider of English courses for kids age 3 – 16 years old. Our centre is located in a new shopping mall in Shanghai and it is equipped with modern classroom facilities and digital training aids. As part of our staff training policy, all our teachers will undergo a week of teachers’ training on course design/curriculum/conduct and teaching skills in Hong Kong before they commence teaching in our centre.
• Utilizing creative, interactive speaking listening activities that engage students.
• Classroom management.
• Developing lesson plans and contributing to existing curriculum.
• Attending meetings, teacher training sessions and seminars.
• Teacher is responsible for developing lesson plans and adapting to students’ English abilities.
• Participating in social activities with students organized by your school.
• Attending teachers’ training and workshops for self-development
• Substituting for absent colleagues; might be under short notice.
• Storytelling to young learners, to create connections and involvements with students.
• Using songs and chants to enrich the teaching environment.
|School Type||Training Centre|
|Hours||24 teaching hours, 16 office hours|
|Work days||Weekdays 2:00pm to 8:30pm
Weekend 8:30 am to 8:30pm
|Student Age||18+ years old|
|Contract Length||1 year|
- Salary – starting from 17,000 RMB /month
- Flight reimbursement (Up to 8,000 RMB)
- Housing allowance 3,000 RMB /month
- 4 nights Free hotel accommodation during your first week in Shanghai.
- 7 nights Hotel Accommodation upon arrival
- Sponsored work visa
- Career development opportunities
- Free Chinese lessons
- 10 paid annual leave days plus 11 national holidays
- Induction teacher training program in Shanghai/Hong Kong.
- Airport pick-up
- Health Insurance